Student Wellbeing

We want each of our students to achieve their full potential and to equip them to become confident, well rounded, outward looking adults. We firmly believe that in order to succeed academically girls must fundamentally be happy and so ensuring the wellbeing of our students is at the heart of everything we do at Henrietta Barnett.

Student Wellbeing

submenu submenuHover Submenu

Ms Kelly Barry is the Wellbeing & Operations Manager and the School's Designated Safeguarding Lead.  All students throughout the school are welcome to see her at any time with any queries, concerns or comments.  As well as working with Heads of Key Stage in school, where additional support is needed, Ms Barry works with the many external agencies with whom we have excellent links. 

Ms Barry also works closely with Susanna, our School Counsellor, who is a qualified Drama Therapist.  Susanna offers a range of individual and group sessions on both a one-off and on-going basis.  We also have a very good relationship with the Barnet School Nurse Team who offer ad hoc appointments to girls as required.

We have an extensive PSHCE Programme, which includes weekly lessons for all girls in Years 7-11 and a new weekly "Life After HBS" course as part of our Sixth Form Programme of Study. It is a reactive programme which is tailored to meet the specific needs of our students. PSHCE is an essential part of the pastoral care we offer in school and is designed to help girls become active citizens and to make well informed choices. It is also a time for students and staff to establish solid relationships based on mutual understanding and respect for the views of others.

Related Links
promo1
Contact Us
promo1
Exam Results
closeclose hover