Physical Education

“Talent wins games, but teamwork and intelligence wins championships.” Michael Jordan

Physical Education

submenu submenuHover Submenu

Key Stage 3

Students actively participate in two lessons of Physical Education per week. They are intellectually and physically challenged through a variety of individual and team sports. Students are encouraged to develop their performances through the use of strategy, tactics, team play and problem solving activities. We enjoy working in a fun and supportive learning environment where the students are able to excel in their performances and use feedback to achieve even greater success. We hope they will use their curriculum lessons to complement the healthy and active lifestyle they pursue in their everyday life.

Key Stage 4

During Years 10 and 11, students continue to be introduced to new areas of activity such as pop lacrosse. They have the opportunity to lead and officiate as well as perform. The experience of planning events such as inter-form tournaments are integral parts of the leadership process too. They have the opportunity to gain their accredited sporting leadership awards during extra-curricular practices and have access to a variety of clubs and activities every day of the week.

“If your actions inspire others to dream more, learn more, do more and become more, you are a leader.” John Quincy Adams

Key Stage 5

Sixth Form Physical Education sessions have been allocated to the timetable this year. Students can access the programme on a voluntary basis. They are given the opportunity to participate in invasion games, team games, individual sports and health-related fitness activities. The lessons are fun, social and performance enhancing. They appeal to students of a variety of ability and preference. Sixth formers are also welcome to use our Multi-gym once they have attended a full induction. This facility is widely used during the girls’ free lessons.

“To keep the body in good health is a duty, otherwise we shall not be able to keep our mind strong and clear.” Buddha (c563BC to 483BC)

PLEASE CLICK HERE FOR A DETAILED BREAKDOWN OF THE CURRICULUM WITHIN EACH KEY STAGE

Please click here to see more information about the activities on offer.  

treeRegular quotes-retina

Girls make excellent progress during their time at the school because of the outstanding teaching they receive. OFSTED

Related Links
promo1
Contact Us
promo1
Head's Welcome
promo1
Exam Results
closeclose hover