Residential Trips

The Henrietta Barnett School is proud of the residential trips that we offer to students. As well as the curriculum based trips that departments offer, each student has the opportunity to attend a residential trip in Year 7-10.

Residential Trips

submenu submenuHover Submenu

In Key Stage 3 residential trips take the form of a year group trip in the Summer Term.  In Year 7, girls have the opportunity to visit Chateau Beaumont in Normandy for an immersive week of language and fun.  In Year 8 students attend “Bushcraft”, where they learn new skills, such as fire lighting and survival skills, whilst immersed in the wild, for a back-to-nature experience.  In 2015-16, Year 9 will be visiting the Scout Association Activity Centre in South Gloucestershire for a week of fun, challenge and adventure. From their base in the tented village the girls will explore, cooperate, climb, and think their way through a series of exciting skills and challenges - from rope challenges and archery, to assault courses and orienteering. 

In Key Stage Four and the Sixth Form, there are a number of residential opportunities with many departments running trips both abroad and in the UK. Trips abroad over the last two years include an annual Geography residential to Iceland, Art trips to Venice and Florence, a Classics trip to Greece, a joint History and German venture to Berlin, a Music Tour to the Rhineland, a D&T trip to the World VEX Robotics Championships in Kentucky, USA, as well as various MFL visits and exchanges to Seville, Paris and Munich.  Residential opportunities closer to home have included field work visits to Flatford Mill, Suffolk and Slapton, South Devon for Geography, and to Juniper Hall, in Surrey for Biology, as well as Netball Weekends to PGL, Liddington.

Please see departmental pages for further information.

treeRegular

Achieved 5+ A* to C GCSEs including English and maths GCSEs

Related Links
promo1
Contact Us
promo1
Head's Welcome
closeclose hover