Annual Campaigns

As an academy there is no fee for attending HBS, but we believe that the facilities we offer and the education that we deliver to our girls rivals that of top independent establishments, both locally and nationally.

Annual Campaigns

submenu submenuHover Submenu

In order to uphold these standards we require support.

treeHover The Friends of HBS

Making a difference to your daughter’s education/strong education

The Henrietta Barnett School aims to offer facilities and opportunities that inspire, encourage and challenge our students to fulfil their ambitions.  The current economic climate has resulted in severe cuts in government spending leading to significant reductions to school funding. Henrietta Barnett has not escaped this trend.

The Parental Support Scheme is a monthly giving program raising over £100,000 per year from parents’ contributions. This money is vital to help us provide additional facilities and opportunities for the students of HBS – EVERY girl benefits.  We rely on the support of our parents; for example, our new buildings could not have been built without their generosity!

The commitment of our parents over the years has played a vital role and made a tangible impact on the facilities and opportunities we offer the students at Henrietta Barnett.

“It is heartening to see how my modest contribution is making such a difference to my daughter’s school experience” Yr 11 Parent

Please contact Mrs Sarah Pritchard, our Development and Finance Administrator for additional information regarding supporting these funds.  

Phone: 020 8458 8999

treeHover The Louisa Fund

In memory of a loving and hardworking mother

Established in 2013 by a grateful alumna to provide financial assistance to the girls at The Henrietta Barnett School

THE STORY: Louisa’s daughter, who wishes to remain anonymous, is a HBS old girl who attended the School in the 1930’s. Louisa was widowed in her forties and kept three allotments, two jobs and a flock of chickens to support her children.  A scholarship enabled her daughter to pursue her education at Henrietta Barnett and that education as well as her mother’s love and hard work in turn enabled her to live a happy and successful life. Our alumna felt that it would be wonderful to help current HBS girls in need of some financial aid as the scholarship helped her 75 years ago. While the school no longer charges tuition, some pupils still find themselves in need of financial assistance.  In a time when budgets are being cut it has become harder for the school to help in these circumstances. This hardship fund enables us to help current pupils in small but significant ways to take advantage of the opportunities that HBS offers. It is so much easier for a young girl to make the most of her education when there is one less thing to worry about.

Our benefactor has generously donated enough to seed the fund and to enable it to run for some years but we would like to continue raise enough for the fund to sustain itself over time.

Phone: 020 8458 8999

treeHover The Phyllis Starr Fund

The Phyllis Starr Fund: Encouraging the study of Mathematics

Phyllis Starr was aptly named. She was indeed a star in the firmament of HBS, arriving on 1 February 1944 from a teaching position at a mixed sex school in Hampshire.  She subsequently taught thousands of HBS students, before retiring in 1979. Phyllis was a pioneer of the  revolutionary School Mathematics Project(SMP), developed in the 60s to help those who struggled with the more  formal approaches to teaching maths,  arithmetic and geometry.

To honour Phyllis and her contribution to the School, a fund has been established for HBS students to encourage the Study of Mathematics.

Phone: 020 8458 8999

Email: development@hbschool.org.uk

treeRegular

A*/A grade at GCSE

Related Links
promo1
Admissions
promo1
Contact Us
closeclose hover