Here is some information about our Governing Body.
Structure of the Governing Body
The Governing Body are the directors of the company and are also the trustees, constituted under the Articles of Association of the Academy Trust. Governors may also be Members of the Academy Trust. Click here for links to the Memorandum & Articles of Association and the Funding Agreement.
The Full Governing Body meets 4 times in each academic year. The Chair of Governors is Mrs Caroline Kendal and the Vice-Chair is Mr Peter Cosmetatos, who can be contacted via the School address. In addition, there are 7 permanent Committees. Please click here for links giving information about Governor Committees – Areas of Oversight, Governor Appointments and Governor Attendance. The Clerk to the Governors is Mrs Tracy Holford, who can be contacted at the School address.
· Property & Premises – meets 4 times in each academic year (Governors: Mrs Black (Chair), Mr Cosmetatos Mrs Cooke, Mrs Coffman, Mr Scherbel-Ball; Associates: Mr Cain, Mrs Watts; Clerk: Mrs Holford)
· Education – meets 3 times (termly) in each academic year (Governors: Professor Stevens (Chair), Mrs Cooke, Mrs Gold ; Associate: Mrs Watts).
· Finance & Audit – meets 4 times in each academic year (Governors: Mr Amin, Mrs Cooke, Mr Cosmetatos, Ms Ward (Chair), Associate, Mrs Watts; Clerk: Mrs Holford).
· Strategy – meets 3 times (termly) in each academic year (Governors: Chair & Vice- Chair of Governors: Chairs of Education, Finance & Audit, Property & Premises, Wellbeing ; Head).
· Pay – sub-committee of Strategy which meets in September in each academic year and again as needed (Governors: Chair & Vice- Chair of Governors, Chair of Finance & Audit, Head).
- Fund-Raising- sub-committee of Finance which meets three times (termly). (Governors: Mr Amin (Chair), Mrs Cooke, Mr Warren; Associate: Mrs Watts; Clerk: Mrs Holford).
- Wellbeing - meets three times (termly). (Governors: Mrs Coffman (Chair), Mrs Cooke, Mrs Kendal, Mr Scherbel-Ball ; Associate: Ms Barry)
Temporary Committees are formed as necessary to work on particular projects, for example the Library Committee oversaw the Library Project (Governors: Mrs Black (Chair), Mrs Cooke, Mr Cosmetatos, Mr Amin, Mr Warren; Associates: Mrs Toledano, Mrs Watts, Mr Cain)
The Chair of Governors and Clerk to the Governors can be contacted at c/o The Henrietta Barnett School.
Hampstead Garden Suburb
Kirit has a background in technology, change, management consultancy and project/ programme management, over many years. He is also involved in property as well as looking at new business ventures.
Jonathan is a barrister who works in media and information law, with particular interest in the fields of technology, investigative journalism, and political extremism.
Del Cooke has been Head of The Henrietta Barnett School since September 2014. For the previous 7 years, she was Head of an independent school in Surrey, as well as being a preparatory school governor and a team inspector for the Independent Schools Inspectorate.
Peter has a daughter at HBS and has been a governor since 2011, chairing the Property & Premises and Health & Safety Committees and also serving on the Finance Committee. He also spent 12 years as a governor at an infant school in Harringay (one as chair). After a decade as a lawyer in the City, Peter now runs a small European trade association. Peter became Vice-Chair of Governors in October 2015.
Caroline started her career as a solicitor at Clifford Chance and then moved to management consultancy, McKinsey & Company. Most recently she has worked in e-commerce and has successfully founded, developed and exited a number of internet businesses. Caroline holds an MA in Law from Cambridge University. Caroline became Chair of Governors in October 2015.
Lizzie is a lawyer, specialising in public law, with experience in education law, elections law, judicial review, freedom of information and data protection. She currently works in the Cabinet Office.
The school provides an excellent education for its girls.
A*/A grade at A Level 2016
Achieved 5+ A* to C GCSEs including English and maths GCSEs